Saturday, August 8, 2015

The path that leads to beauty...

The older I get the more I love to hike or hit a trial. There is nothing like getting off the pavement and trekking with my family. The best hike is one I haven't conquered before, to see the new sights, wild life, or my choice of late, ending at the beauty of a waterfall.

Many times, on these journeys, the path is worn down and easy to follow, maybe even having trail marker or signs to guide you. This makes it just about impossible to get lost. Sometimes there is a fork in the path and I try make an educated decision on which way to go, many times there are many other sub-trials people have carved to lead off to an overlook or something else that would distract you from the end goal. But even still, most times it's crystal clear the way that leads to the goal.

I'm finding in my spiritual journey it's much the same as the hikes that I love.

I know the path I'm supposed to be on, it's clearly marked, I know how I should walk. I know where I'm supposed to go, act, speak and live. But many times I choose a different path, knowing it will lead to no where good. The path Christ calls us to walk leads to beauty.

I know the path. I know how I should walk, Lord help me to stay on your path which You have clearly marked.

B

Whoever claims to live in Him must walk as Jesus did. 1 John 2:6 

No comments:

Post a Comment