Monday, November 29, 2010

Think-Spur-Love

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds Hebrews 10:24

Our idea for this blog is simply the title of it…THINK, SPUR, LOVE
The people @ Milford Christian Church knew those three words well. I went there as a sophomore in college first job ever in youth/student ministry. I was their part time/ weekend youth minister. But I learned so very much in the two years and some change that I was there…
THINK…they challenged me on what and how I was teaching…they taught and displayed leadership, then let me lead…they let me make mistakes and learn from them…
SPUR…they encouraged me so very much…words of praise and also words of let’s do it better next time…they put they goal ahead of me then told me to go get it.
LOVE…I think they knew this one best…cards and notes…hugs…fully furnished place to stay every weekend…just about every Sunday I was taken out to eat or invited to a home…protected me…stood up for me…trusted me…adopted me…loved me.
Thank you Milford for letting me think, spurring me on, and loving me unconditionally.         

No comments:

Post a Comment