Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Transition and Change


Yes, yes, I realize Brian and I have not posted all summer. Brian, as a youth minister, is very busy during the summer and me, I re-started my graduate school work. We have both been busy and agreed to let the blog simmer for a few months, hoping God would lead us as we began to post again in the fall…which leads to today's blog.

We have just slid into the fall season. Fall is my favorite time of year. I love seeing all the leaves change and living here in the mountains of Southwest Virginia it is beautiful. The leaves have just started to change! It's nice to see nature change and even feel it in the air with the cooler temperatures. What I love about fall is, like spring, it is a season of transition. It's not quite summer and not quite winter. There is a general feeling of progress. 

Another change my family is going through is we are now packing. We are relocating. I have recently accepted a ministry at Lincoln Trail Christian Church in Irvington, KY. This change is a type of transition. While I am leaving behind a ministry that has been very dear to me, I know there is more to come. It's like fall. It's both exciting and sad to see the trees loose their leaves but you know they will grow back in the spring.

Scriptures like Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 remind me that there are lots of seasons of change in life. What we need to remember is that God is not a god of seasons, but rather the God of all times. Beginnings, endings, planting, harvesting, a season for everything and God is God of all of them.

I'm curious now, what changes have you gone through recently?

all about Christ,
David

No comments:

Post a Comment