Monday, February 13, 2012

Spurred by an Atheist

"I read the Bible every dayI believe the fast track to atheism is reading the Bible. I've read it three times all the way through. It's a big part of our culture, a big part of our history. I don't just read things I agree with." - Penn Jillette 
Penn a self-proclaimed Atheist and reads the Bible daily...Do you? I am a self-proclaimed pastor and I miss days once and a while. 
Penn has read the Bible three times all the way through. I'm a pastor I have done it once. 
Penn realizes the impact on culture and history this Bible makes...Do you? 
Obviously the majority that read this blog are Christian and we don't believe the Bible leads to a disbelief in God, but just the opposite it strengthens our belief. 
But honestly, my Bible intake sadly has been trumped by Mr. Jillette an atheist and it spurs me to be more diligent in the Word. 
Thank You Mr. Penn Jillette...Mr. Jillette if you ever read this in your bathtub one day, here is a brief message from me to you, I pray as you read the scriptures that you would see a God that loves and saves.
You can read the entire article here...
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/columnist/talkingyourtech/story/2012-02-12/penn-jillette-ipad-kindle/53062742/1 


P.S. One day I hope to get to see you and Teller perform (Vegas or anywhere). You guys always seem so amazingly entertaining and good luck in Celebrity Apprentice.

1 comment:

  1. God's word will not return to him void. I've read it through several time but I cannot say I read it every single day. I do find myself learning and growing closer to God by reading it.

    ReplyDelete