Thursday, February 3, 2011

The best movie I saw in 2010...

The best movie I saw in 2010 was Inception by Christopher Nolan. I love watching movies just to watch and join in the story. But I also love to watch and see how we can find redemptive themes movies, leveraging culture for the Kingdom.  
As I watched Inception, I thought it was interesting in the movie that each character carries a "totem" a marker or reminder to reality to mark what is real and what is a dream. Cobb carries the famous spinning top, Ariadne a golden chess piece, Arthur a weighted die and Eames a poker chip. 

For the Christian, everyday is filled with totems that point directly to God and to truth. From the sunrise this morning to the star lit sky tonight, from the simplest to the most complex, people in and around our lives, to moments and experiences, all totems reminding us of God. Psalm 19:1-4 tells us even creation reminds us, without speaking a word.   

Maybe it's time we "wake up"...and see the totems all around us.

What’s your choice for the best movie of 2010? Click on comments to share…

2 comments:

  1. While I too loved Inception, I think my favorite movie this year was...

    Babies. Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite movie from 2010 was How to Train Your Dragon. Hiccup, the hero, wasn't a hero till figured out who he was. The whole concept of knowing who you are is pretty important, especially to the gospel. Realizing who we are in light of who God is makes the Gospel personal.

    ReplyDelete